To be sold on the premises known as:
11 Hadwen Lane, WORCESTER, MA
A contractor or handy person’s dream! Built in 1911, this 4 BR, 1.5 BA American Foursquare-style home has great bones & just needs some TLC & updates to restore its original beauty.
Situated on a 4,800 +/- SF lot located just off Pleasant St. near Newton Square, it provides easy access to public transportation, main roads, shopping, restaurants, recreation & schools. With 1,640 +/- SF of living space on 3 levels, this home boast hardwood floors & crown molding, arched doorways, window seats, living room with fireplace, eat-in kitchen, dining room, a spacious dormer/bonus room on the 3rd floor & an enclosed porch on the front.
A full walkout basement offers 3 rooms & plenty of storage – laundry area with utility sink, workroom/playroom & mechanicals room. Detached storage garage & 4 +/- tandem parking spots in paved driveway; gas-fired steam heat; updated water heater; insulated windows and front door; circuit breakers; city water & sewer.
Once renovated, it will be a gem! Come see for yourself!
- West Side, Newton Square Area
- Midland Street / Forest Grove / Doherty High School
- Near Recreation, Shopping, Restaurants, Banks, Public & Private Schools, Colleges, Houses of Worship
- Public Transportation & Highway Access Nearby
- 4,800 +/- SF or 0.11 +/- Acres
- Clapboard Exterior
- Architectural Shingle Roof
- Fieldstone Foundation
- Enclosed Porch on Front
- Detached Storage Garage
- Paved Driveway with 4 Tandem Spots
- Year Built: 1911
- Taxes: $3,841 (2018 Assessment)
- City Water & Sewer
- Hardwood Floors & Crown Molding Throughout
- 1,640 +/- Square Feet of Living Space on 3 Levels;
4 Bedroom, 1.5 Baths
- 1st Floor: Arched Doorways; Dining Room; Eat-in Kitchen; Living Room with Fireplace & Window Seat; Half Bath
- 2nd Floor: Master Bedroom; 3 Additional Bedrooms;
- 3rd floor: Spacious Dormer/Bonus Room
- Basement: Full, Partially Finished Walk-Out Basement with
3 Rooms – Laundry Room, Workroom or Playroom, Mechanicals Room
- Gas-Fired Steam Heat
- Updated 38 Gallon Gas Water Heater
- Electrical: Circuit Breakers
- Some Insulated Windows; Insulated Front Door
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are there no pictures of the inside of the house?
A: If this is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, and therefore cannot take pictures of the interior. Because we have not been inside, we cannot confirm how many bedrooms or bathrooms are in the property. So, we must rely on the town’s public records regarding how many rooms they list. A suggestion: You could try searching the internet for the property address to find pictures of the inside of the property from other sources.
Q: Why isn’t the ad for the property more descriptive?
A: If it is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, we cannot confirm what the interior of a foreclosure property looks like, how many rooms it actually has, or any other specifics that would enable us to make an ad more exciting and descriptive. The only information we have is the public record and what the property looks like from the outside.
Q: Why is there no price listed?
A: Properties without a price are being sold by auction. In some cases, these are foreclosures; in others, they are auctions-by-choice (the seller decides to sell their property via the auction method). The property will go up for auction on the date noted, and the price will ultimately be determined by those bidding on the day of the sale. The property will be sold to the highest bidder. If it’s a property you really like, come to the auction and bid – if you are the highest bidder, it can be yours! In other instances, we will have properties listed on our website with a price clearly marked – these are being sold via the traditional real estate listing method or through our unique hybrid method (traditional listing plus auction).
I'm Interested In This Property!
- Auction Date: SOLD
- Type of Sale: Estate Settlement Sale - Auction by Choice
- Address: 11 Hadwen Lane Worcester, Massachusetts 01602
- Description: A contractor or handy person’s dream!
- Other Info: 4 BR, 1.5 BA on 4,800 +/- SF Lot
Terms And Conditions
A 10% Buyers Premium will be added to winning bid to determine Total Purchase Price. A deposit of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) by cash or certified/bank check will be required to be paid by the purchaser at the time and place of auction. The balance is to be paid by certified or bank check at of Attorney for Sellers office within (45) days from the date of sale. The successful bidder shall be required to sign a Memorandum of Sale containing the above terms and additional terms at the time and place of sale. Additional terms, if any, to be announced at the time and place of sale.
15 Aug, 2018