To be sold on the premises known as:
110 South Street, BARRE, MA
TLC needed for this historic home. This 3 BR, 1.75 BA Antique home with 2.48 +/- acres and 2 garages is just minutes from the center of town. A farmer’s market, churches, restaurants, Woods library and Cooks Canyon waterfall and trails are a 2-minute walk and Quabbin Regional High School is 1 mile away.
The backyard is encircled by wildflowers and blackberry bushes, offering privacy, serenity and a haven for deer. With 1,458 +/- SF of living space on 2 levels, this historic home boasts wide board pine floors, beamed ceilings, built-ins and skylights.
The 2nd floor landing/sitting area and a loft with a balcony over the attached garage provide extra relaxation space. Ample parking in the 2 garages and driveway. Oil heat; updated steam boiler and hot water tank; circuit breakers; town water and sewer.
Come see for yourself!
- Two Minute Walk to Barre Center, with Farmer’s Market, Restaurants, Churches, Woods Library
- Waterfalls & Trails of Cooks Canyon Just Minutes Away
- One Mile from Quabbin Regional High School
- Situated on 0.40 +/- Acres with Extra 2.08 +/- Acres in Back
- Private & Serene Backyard with Wildflowers and
- Wood Exterior with Asphalt Shingle Roof
- Attached 1-Car Garage with 15 * 9 Foot Loft and 9 * 5
- Detached 2-Car Garage
- Stone/Gravel Driveway with 10 +/- Parking Spots
- 1,458 +/- Square Feet of Living Space on Two Levels
- Wood Beamed Ceilings Throughout
Interior First Floor:
- Dining Room with 11-Inch Floor Moldings; Living Room with Fireplace & Built-Ins; Kitchen with Separate Eating Area with Wide Board Floors; Mud Room; Large ¾ Bathroom
Interior Second Floor:
- Wide Board Pine Flooring; Post & Beam Ceilings; Skylights
- Master Bedroom plus 2 Additional Bedrooms; Large Full Bathroom with
- Washer/Dryer Hookups
- Landing/Sitting Area
- Oil Heat
- Updated Steam Boiler and Hot Water Tank
- Electrical: 110 Volts, Circuit Breakers
- Appliances Included
- Year Built: 1831
- Taxes: $2,831 (2018 Assessment)
- Town Water & Sewer
- Quabbin Regional School District
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are there no pictures of the inside of the house?
A: If this is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, and therefore cannot take pictures of the interior. Because we have not been inside, we cannot confirm how many bedrooms or bathrooms are in the property. So, we must rely on the town’s public records regarding how many rooms they list. A suggestion: You could try searching the internet for the property address to find pictures of the inside of the property from other sources.
Q: Why isn’t the ad for the property more descriptive?
A: If it is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, we cannot confirm what the interior of a foreclosure property looks like, how many rooms it actually has, or any other specifics that would enable us to make an ad more exciting and descriptive. The only information we have is the public record and what the property looks like from the outside.
Q: Why is there no price listed?
A: Properties without a price are being sold by auction. In some cases, these are foreclosures; in others, they are auctions-by-choice (the seller decides to sell their property via the auction method). The property will go up for auction on the date noted, and the price will ultimately be determined by those bidding on the day of the sale. The property will be sold to the highest bidder. If it’s a property you really like, come to the auction and bid – if you are the highest bidder, it can be yours! In other instances, we will have properties listed on our website with a price clearly marked – these are being sold via the traditional real estate listing method or through our unique hybrid method (traditional listing plus auction).
I'm Interested In This Property!
- Auction Date: SOLD
- Price: Minimum Bid: $100,000*
- Type of Sale: Auction by Choice
- Address: 110 South Street Barre, Massachusetts 01005
- Description: TLC Needed for This Historic Home
- Other Info: 3 BR/1.75 BA Antique Home with 2.48 +/- Acres and 2 Garages
Terms And Conditions
** A 10% Buyers Premium will be added to winning bid to determine Total Purchase Price. A deposit of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) by cash or certified/bank check will be required to be paid by the purchaser at the time and place of auction. The balance is to be paid by certified or bank check at of Attorney for Sellers office within (45) days from the date of sale. Buyer has the right of abandonment of any personal property left on the property at time of Closing. The successful bidder shall be required to sign a Memorandum of Sale containing the above terms and additional terms at the time and place of sale. Additional terms, if any, to be announced at the time and place of sale. *** Buyer’s Broker MUST pre-register on Berman Property Solutions’ website at least 48 hours prior to Auction.
5 Sep, 2018