A full-time Auctioneer and Appraiser since 1991, and a Real Estate Broker and Realtor since 2006, Mark Shear represents the third-generation of family leadership at Berman Property Solutions (formerly Berman Auctioneers & Appraisers).
Mark has developed deep experience and expertise working with individual, commercial and official clients for over 25 years:
- He has worked with individuals and families to solve their real estate and personal property needs in a variety of situations, including resolution of family matters, downsizing, a move to senior living, setting an estate or facilitating a standard move.
- His work in the commercial arena has encompassed a wide range of clients and situations:
- Court-ordered and official work for Court-Appointed Receivers, Bankruptcy Trustees, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (DCAM and MassDOT)
- Real estate and personal property sales for Banks and Financial Institutions
- Working with Attorneys on resolution of legal issues – including wills, probate, divorce, foreclosure and other private matters
Mark has earned numerous designations, holds several licenses and has been recognized by his peers and the press for his industry expertise:
- Mark holds the CAI designation from the National Auctioneers Association (NAA), the highest professional designation recognized in the auction industry in the United States.
- He is an Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate (AARE), a Certified Estate Specialist (CES) and a Graduate Personal Property Appraiser-Master (GPPA-M), all awarded by the NAA. He is a licensed and bonded Auctioneer in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Mark holds a Real Estate Broker’s license in Massachusetts.
- He is a former Trustee of the National Auctioneers Association Education Institute, where he was the Chairman of the Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate (AARE) education designation program. Mark is also a Certified Instructor for the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and lectures nationally on the auction method of sale for real estate. He is regularly quoted as an industry expert in the real estate and business press.
A graduate of the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, Mark earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing and Finance with a Minor in Economics.
Debra Berman Shear
Marketing and New Business Development
Debra Shear brings over 30 years of marketing and general business experience and expertise to Berman Property Solutions.
Debra has spent the majority of her career in corporate settings, marketing products and services to consumers and businesses. Debra has extensive experience in direct and digital marketing, as well as sales support activities.
As a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Debra earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from The Wharton School and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from The College of Arts & Sciences.
Debra has received additional training in leadership, negotiation, and Lean and Agile approaches to process improvement. She is also a licensed real estate agent in Massachusetts, and has earned the designation of Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) from the NAR.