To be sold on the premises known as:
16 Melrose Street, WORCESTER, MA
Enjoy life inside and out! Built in 1930, this 4 BR, 2.5 BA home w/1,674 +/- SF sits on a lush, private 0.17 +/- acre lot with an enclosed porch, a deck and a landscaped, fenced-in, multi-tiered yard and flower garden. In the Burncoat neighborhood, it offers easy access to 290, public transport, shopping, restaurants, recreation and schools.
This lovely home boasts hardwood floors, bright rooms with 8-foot ceilings, arched doorway and an open flow on the 1st floor, providing access to outdoor living areas. 1st floor offers a living room with fireplace and hearth, a study, a dining room, a half BA, a kitchen with open access to dining room, mudroom & basement; and a multi-season porch with access to a deck. 2nd floor offers 3 BRs, a full BA and a pull-down attic. Finished basement includes 300 +/- SF BR suite with sitting area; a full BA; laundry area with sink/vanity, cedar closet and ample storage; and a workroom.
Paved driveway has 8 +/- spots; gas fired-steam heat; updated gas-fired water heater; combination windows; gas range, gas oven and gas dryer; electric washer; circuit breakers.
With some TLC, a real gem. Come see it!
- Burncoat/Lincoln Street Area
- Wawecus Road/Burncoat Middle/Burncoat Senior High School District
- Near Shopping, Restaurants, Banks, Public & Private Schools, Colleges, Houses of Worship, Recreation
- Public Transportation and Nearby Highway Access
- 7,599 +/-SF or 0.17 +/- acres
- Clapboard Exterior
- Architectural Shingle Roof
- Fieldstone Foundation
- Enclosed Porch with Access to Deck
- Wood Deck with Access to Multi-Tiered Fenced-In Private Yard; Storage Underneath
- Wooded Backyard, with Beautiful Garden, Flowers & Shrubs
- Storage Shed & Hidden Outdoor Work Area
- Paved Driveway with 8 +/- Tandem Parking Spots
- Gas-Fired Steam Heat
- Updated Gas-Fired Hot Water Heater
- Gas Range, Gas Oven, Gas Dryer; Electric Washer
- Circuit Breakers
- Insulated Combination Windows
- Year Built: 1930
- Taxes: $4,519 (2018 Assessment)
- City Water & Sewer
- Hardwood Floors Throughout
- 1,674 +/- Square Feet of Living Space on 2 Main Levels
- 7 Rooms – 4 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath
- Bright Rooms with 8-Foot Ceilings
- Living Room with Crown Molding, Fireplace & Stone Tile Hearth, Arched Doorway
- Study with Ceiling Fan
- Sliding Door Access to Porch from Dining Room
- Enclosed Multi-Season Porch with Crank-Out Windows & Access
- Mud Room & Storage Off of Kitchen
- Half Bath
- Wide Stairway to 2nd Floor
- 3 Bedrooms; Full Bathroom
- Beautiful Wood Door Moldings
- Linen Closet
- Pull-Down Lit Attic with Ample Storage
- Full, Finished Basement
- 4th Bedroom Suite with Sitting Area (300 +/- SF)
- Full Bathroom
- Laundry Area with Sink & Vanity, Cedar Closet,
- Cabinets & Cubbies
- Workroom with Outside Access
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are there no pictures of the inside of the house?
A: If this is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, and therefore cannot take pictures of the interior. Because we have not been inside, we cannot confirm how many bedrooms or bathrooms are in the property. So, we must rely on the town’s public records regarding how many rooms they list. A suggestion: You could try searching the internet for the property address to find pictures of the inside of the property from other sources.
Q: Why isn’t the ad for the property more descriptive?
A: If it is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, we cannot confirm what the interior of a foreclosure property looks like, how many rooms it actually has, or any other specifics that would enable us to make an ad more exciting and descriptive. The only information we have is the public record and what the property looks like from the outside.
Q: Why is there no price listed?
A: Properties without a price are being sold by auction. In some cases, these are foreclosures; in others, they are auctions-by-choice (the seller decides to sell their property via the auction method). The property will go up for auction on the date noted, and the price will ultimately be determined by those bidding on the day of the sale. The property will be sold to the highest bidder. If it’s a property you really like, come to the auction and bid – if you are the highest bidder, it can be yours! In other instances, we will have properties listed on our website with a price clearly marked – these are being sold via the traditional real estate listing method or through our unique hybrid method (traditional listing plus auction).