To be sold on the premises known as:
218 Chandler Street, WORCESTER, MA
RETAIL, OFFICE & AMPLE STORAGE – 218 Chandler Street is a versatile commercial building on 0.15 acres +/- on a main city artery. This prime location offers great visibility, high foot & vehicle traffic & is minutes from I 290 & Rte. 9. This 5,488 GSF +/- red brick building is perfect for a retail or service-based business. Access to 1st floor storage via 2 new bay garage doors w/electronic locks (2014) & door from office. 1st floor offers 2,744 SF +/- of office/retail space & storage. Office area boasts updated storefront & façade (2014), sliding front security door (2014) & large display windows. Wide stairwell (2015) provides easy access to 2,744 SF +/- lower level storage area. Ample on & off-street parking, w/re-graded & re-paved driveway (2016). Rubber roof; Hot water gas-fired baseboard heat w/updated boiler (2012); Central AC in office; Electrical panel updates (2012); 14-camera digital security system w/remote access; security alarm system; city water & sewer.
Updates and Features
- High traffic & business visibility (Retail or Service based)
- Versatile Retail/Office/Storage w/garage door(s) access
- Red brick (low maintenance) exterior construction
- Ample on & rear off-street parking
- Driveway and parking -newly graded and paved 2016
- 2 bay garage door egress to storage with updated electronic lock doors 2014
- Updated Heating system Boiler system (natural gas) installed 2012
- Central A/C in office area
- Updated storefront & façade & updating 2014
- Large plate glass display windows
- Updated wide stairwell & easy access to lower lever storage 2015
- Lower level passage for storage
- Updated Security Sliding front door installed 2014
- Electrical panel (3) updates 2012
- 14-camera digital security system with remote access
- Security alarm system
- City water and sewer
- Custom Watchfire programable high visibility digital, color, 2-sided LED sign (offered separately)
City Assessor Info
- Worcester Registry of Deeds: Book 51582, Page 208
- Land size: 6527 +/- sq./ft
- 2018 Annual Real Estate Taxes: $8838
- Year built: 1925
- Use Code: 3250 RETAIL
- Zone: BG-3
- City water and sewer
- Masonry exterior
- Rubber roof
- Gross area 1st floor: 2,744 sq./ft
- Gross area unfinished basement: 2,744 sq./ft
- Total Area: 5488 sq./ft
- Estimated office area: 21’ x 50’ = 1,050 Sq./ft
- Hot water baseboard heat & central a/c
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are there no pictures of the inside of the house?
A: If this is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, and therefore cannot take pictures of the interior. Because we have not been inside, we cannot confirm how many bedrooms or bathrooms are in the property. So, we must rely on the town’s public records regarding how many rooms they list. A suggestion: You could try searching the internet for the property address to find pictures of the inside of the property from other sources.
Q: Why isn’t the ad for the property more descriptive?
A: If it is a foreclosure sale, we typically do not have access to the inside of the property, we cannot confirm what the interior of a foreclosure property looks like, how many rooms it actually has, or any other specifics that would enable us to make an ad more exciting and descriptive. The only information we have is the public record and what the property looks like from the outside.
Q: Why is there no price listed?
A: Properties without a price are being sold by auction. In some cases, these are foreclosures; in others, they are auctions-by-choice (the seller decides to sell their property via the auction method). The property will go up for auction on the date noted, and the price will ultimately be determined by those bidding on the day of the sale. The property will be sold to the highest bidder. If it’s a property you really like, come to the auction and bid – if you are the highest bidder, it can be yours! In other instances, we will have properties listed on our website with a price clearly marked – these are being sold via the traditional real estate listing method or through our unique hybrid method (traditional listing plus auction).